#1 Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Student

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi. I am currently working in post production ion my thesis film. There are scenes which I intend to shoot a RAW sequence for a time lapse and conform it into a DI which will go film out. I wanted to ask if this were possible and how the general cost would be to put a 10-15 second sequence in. I intend to use a 60D although I'd rather shoot on a 5D (Budget). The the film was shot on Super 16mm so there is also a concern to match image quality. Any help regarding experience with this issue would be most appreciative. Thanks.

#2 Phil Connolly

Phil Connolly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Director
  • London

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Depends what machine is being used for the DI - but the chances are it would be pretty simple to convert the RAW sequence into something it understands at minimal cost.

Since your going for a DI anyway its not going to add any major costs to the film out other then increases associatated with an extra 15 secs on the running time.

You might need to add some grain to the timelapse footage - to better match it in with the 16mm. Or you might get away with a difference in texture - since a timelapse sequence is going to be very different to your live action footage. The look of the timelapse is jarring enough and people might not notice that it doens't have 16mm textures.

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

CineTape

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Opal

Abel Cine