#1 SheaFlynn

SheaFlynn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago, IL

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'd like to get some feed back on a band promo I recently shot. The promos were on a 5Dmk2 with a 17-40L, 28mm f1.8, and 85mm f1.8. The lighting was pretty simple just top lit with a china ball and a bunch of black wrap. I wish I could have created a bit more contrast and kept a little more detail in the blacks, but other then that I'm fairly happy with it. Let me know what you guys think and what I could work on for next time.

#2 Ryan Kramer

Ryan Kramer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Director

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'd like to get some feed back on a band promo I recently shot. The promos were on a 5Dmk2 with a 17-40L, 28mm f1.8, and 85mm f1.8. The lighting was pretty simple just top lit with a china ball and a bunch of black wrap. I wish I could have created a bit more contrast and kept a little more detail in the blacks, but other then that I'm fairly happy with it. Let me know what you guys think and what I could work on for next time.

Really cool promo video. I agree with having some more contrast and detail with the blacks. I liked the scratches you used that had that grindhouse feel to it. One of the only things I didn't like were how saturated some of the shots looked from what you did in post. Some things looked too blown out or overexposed with the edit you made. I liked what looked like lens flares though. This was very professional looking. Great job!

#3 SheaFlynn

SheaFlynn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago, IL

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Really cool promo video. I agree with having some more contrast and detail with the blacks. I liked the scratches you used that had that grindhouse feel to it. One of the only things I didn't like were how saturated some of the shots looked from what you did in post. Some things looked too blown out or overexposed with the edit you made. I liked what looked like lens flares though. This was very professional looking. Great job!

Thanks for input Ryan! I only shot the video, another person did all the FX work and post. Now that you mention it i agree with the over saturation and exposure (i think the contrast curve might have been pushed a little more than I would have liked)

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

CineLab

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly