Photo

De Sisti vs. ARRI (LED Lights for location work)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Torben Greve

Torben Greve
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Copenhagen, Denmark

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hey guys...

I'm caught up in decision making and looking back and forth on the forum doesn't make it any easier...

The short story is that Im selling a steadicam and an importer of steadis approached me and is now offering to do a trade in. I told him I was about to buy ARRI L7-C but then he made me aware of De Sistis latest LED adventure.
The photometric data looks nice. Seems like their 40w lamp is almost as powerful as the L7, but then I start looking even further into it, and find out that a lot of you guys shun De Sisti because of quality.... that it's made for stage lighting and not location lighting.
This also correlates to what the importer told me... that BBC skipped an entire L7 order and went for De Sisti. They wouldn't need lamps that require rugged use.

So... Am I about to be had on this little trade-in? My own use would be lights for moving about on locations etc and the occasional rental. I don't need lamps that break after being hauled around for a day or two in less than ideal surroundings.

It just bugs me that the De Sisti 120w LED is sooo much more powerful than the ARRI L7... :(

Any tips and opinions would be welcome.

Tai Audio

Opal

Glidecam

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC