No replies to this topic

#1 Philip Kral

Philip Kral
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi everyone, it's been awhile. Recently I've become involved in a shoot where Fuji's Vivid 250D was used. I'm sending the stuff out to get transfered and apparently there was a few scenes shot under tungsten lighting with no color correcting filters.

Now I've been told Vivid 250D does terrific under mixed lighting and I've even heard it color corrects nicely. I guess the question is, I can choose to have it transfered "best light" or "flat scan". There obviously is going to have to be some color correcting and I've usually requested best light and they usually do a good job.

But can someone educate me a bit on the flat scan process? (Other then the fact that it's raw image files best suited for digital intermediates) Is it a good option for the indie/ low budget production? Could you work with it on lets say Final cut pro? Is it good for just color correcting or do you have more control over grain?

Or would a best light be sufficient, just inform the colorist of the color correcting issues?

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

CineTape