Photo

'Vertical Lines' in the middle of the frame on recently developed roll?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stuart Eagon

Stuart Eagon

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

I have a quick question regarding some 'vertical lines' that I noticed on one of my recently developed/telecined 400 foot rolls of Kodak B&W Double-X 7222.

I just posted three screen shots on FLICKR: http://www.flickr.co...s/78043811@N05/

These illustrate the 'vertical lines', which are visible in the middle of the frame. Over the course of the eleven minute roll, these 'lines' seemed to become slightly more prevalent and more noticeable.

On the two rolls that I shot previous to this one, and the one which I shot after it (with a different magazine) I had no similar issues.

I am not quite sure of the possible causation--any insights would be appreciated.

I'm assuming it could be any number of things...but I really have no idea if it was an issue with how the film was put into the magazine, or something in the gate, or something else?

Figured I would at least check in, to see if any of you might have any ideas. If there is another forum on cinematography.com that you recommend I post this on as well, for additional insight, please let me know.

Thanks.
Stuart Eagon

#2 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Those are scratches. Most likely the magazine wasn't properly cleaned or a foreign particle was introduced when the film was loaded.

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Glidecam

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

CineTape

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera