• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bearcub

bearcub
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hey everyone, I have a Frezzi-Cordless LW-16 with a 12-120 2.2 zoom Angenieux-zoom lens. I live in Philly, so I thought about taking this to Camera Service Co in NYC to get looked over. It runs fun when attached to a battery belt, but who knows if it's still crystal synced.

Is it even worth running? I wanna shoot a short on it, but maybe I should put the money toward an Eclair which is a million times easier to load. Get a look at the inside of this beast...

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Is it even worth running? I wanna shoot a short on it, but maybe I should put the money toward an Eclair which is a million times easier to load.

Hundreds of TV news Camera Folks shot a lot of footage with Cameras like this. The design was taken from the Bach Auricon, and sometimes most of the parts! In good shape it should be smooth and steady. The Filmagnetic Head is no longer useful as you generally can't get pre-striped stock any more. and the camera does not have a provision for an Optical recording unit. Should be easy to get onto loading the beast.

#3 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5070 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Like The CP16, it's a shock at first sight, but you'll quickly get over the threading, it's no worse than a 16mm projector. Just make sure your loops are large enough, but not hitting the bottom of the camera.

#4 Mark Dunn

Mark Dunn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Shoot a test on reversal and project it, if you can. That will tell you a lot for not very much. If it has a socket marked 'pilotone' or similar, or which isn't the power lead, then it probably doesn't have crystal sync. Others will tell you about that.

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

CineTape

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS