1 reply to this topic

#1 Glenn Brady

Glenn Brady
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Does anyone here have a working example of the Kodak Instamatic M 100 A Super 8 sound projector? When the machine is plugged in, the motor switch moved to its 'on' position, the selector knob turned to 'thread and silent' position, and the control knob turned to its 'forward' position (24 or 18 frames per second), I assume the sprocket wheels on the machine should turn. On the example I've just received they don't and the film can't be fed into the projector. Has anyone experienced the problem and fixed it? Are there repairers anyone can recommend (if it isn't an easy fix)?

#2 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Does anyone here have a working example of the Kodak Instamatic M 100 A Super 8 sound projector? When the machine is plugged in, the motor switch moved to its 'on' position, the selector knob turned to 'thread and silent' position, and the control knob turned to its 'forward' position (24 or 18 frames per second), I assume the sprocket wheels on the machine should turn. On the example I've just received they don't and the film can't be fed into the projector. Has anyone experienced the problem and fixed it? Are there repairers anyone can recommend (if it isn't an easy fix)?

Hi Glenn,

I have the telecine version of this projector and I can check it at later today when I get back home.
What you describe certainly doesn't sound normal. Hopefully, it's just a broken timing belt or something simple.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Technodolly

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post