#1 Trevor Williams

Trevor Williams

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hello everyone in the Cinematography.com community! I recently completed my first attempt at a semi-serious project and would love to know what people think. Any tips, comments, criticisms, etc on any aspects of the film would be very helpful and appreciated. My roles included director, cinematographer, and many other small tasks. I should mention that the camera we used was a school camera, very low budget, and we really put minimal money into the film while trying to make it look decent. A lot of fun though, and I'd sincerely appreciate any and all comments/feedback!

Link below:

#2 Peter James Scott

Peter James Scott
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

Ha I enjoyed that! Visually, it wasn't the best thing ever, though some of the lighting was nice especially in the noir scenes. The dialogue was quite good in a comedic kind of way and it flowed well especially in the western and bank robbery scenes, the acting was good and quite funny, the story was kind of original. I like the way you have blended the different genres. What stood out for me the most was the editing and use of music. 4:45 to 5:30 stuck in my mind as well, I thought the scene was put together well.

I think if you improved some of the visuals, such as improving the camera movement and spending more time on shot composition, you would have something that would be very watchable.

Thanks

P. J. Scott

@pjscott89

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks