#1 Stuart Eagon

Stuart Eagon

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Last evening when I was out filming with the XTR, I was attempting a shot (on a tripod) which was looking straight up at the top of building (camera almost parallel to skyscraper).

After I changed lenses in between shots, I suddenly noticed that the image that I was looking at through the viewfinder was somewhat blurrier (the focus had not changed at all) than on the previous shot.

I tried all four of my different lenses--to no avail--the image is still blurry...maybe I'm crazy, but it seems even more blurry today than yesterday.

I was thinking that maybe a drop of water got on the mirror or something happened to make it foggy, in between the lense change...cleaning the mirror hasn't seemed to help...

I'm at a little bit of a loss...any ideas?

Thanks

#2 Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Other
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

After I changed lenses in between shots, I suddenly noticed that the image that I was looking at through the viewfinder was somewhat blurrier (the focus had not changed at all) than on the previous shot.

I tried all four of my different lenses--to no avail--the image is still blurry...maybe I'm crazy, but it seems even more blurry today than yesterday.

It is not clear what you mean when you say "the focus had not changed at all". Focus of what? The lens or the viewfinder? I am just wondering whether the diopter setting has moved. This could easily happen if the locking screw has worked loose. So, simple check first ... have you checked the diopter setting?

#3 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

My bet would also be on Diopter.

#4 Stuart Eagon

Stuart Eagon

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Thank you for your quick responses.

I got it figured out.

For anyone else using the Aaton, make sure to be aware of the diopter on the XTR--the lock for the diopter ring is not the best and it can come loose pretty easily.

#5 Modesta

Modesta
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I have an Aaton XTR and I just got a adapter for C-mount lenses (PL - C-mount).
Just tried the C-mount lens with the adapter and it's all blurry. Diopter is correct so it's not that.
I've never used this camera before, recently got it. Any ideas?
I got the adapter here:
PL ADAPTER-C-MOUNT LENS
https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=PL+ADAPTER-C-MOUNT+LENS%2C+CONVERT%22C-MOUNT+LENS+TO+PL!+&oq=PL+ADAPTER-C-MOUNT+LENS%2C+CONVERT%22C-MOUNT+LENS+TO+PL!+&gs_l=hp.3...812.812.0.1375.1.1.0.0.0.0.110.110.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.Op01c7mRDeo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=9539be33ebda02e8&biw=1276&bih=660

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Abel Cine