First and foremost, I hope this is alright to be posting! I am the Human Resources Generalist for a company focused on online gaming called Curse, Inc. Some background on our company:
We are a team that builds web properties ranging from databases and wikis to guild hosting and add-on management. Curse has a start-up atmosphere, combining the hunger for success with a work environment that revolves around what we have a passion for -- online games. With offices in San Francisco and Huntsville, a solid, profitable business model providing the foundation for growth and competitive salaries and benefits, Curse empowers its employees to accomplish great things.
We are working on a Gaming House project wherein our professional team of League of Legends players, known as team CRS, will live in a house in LA for at least around a year, playing League of Legends, streaming, and having their lives filmed. We are looking for a hard working self starter, interested in online gaming and based in LA, to film the players, set the cameras, manage the equipment, edit all the video content, and live in the house with the players.
Check out all the details below!
JOB TITLE: Video Editor
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Remote / Los Angeles
The Video Editor will live and work in the Curse Gaming House in Los Angeles, CA with Curse's team of professional gamers. The editor will be responsible for setting up cameras in the house, filming of the players, maintaining the equipment, and producing all video content in the house.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- 5+ years professional camera operation experience
- 3+ Years Post-production and live-editing/mixing
- Working audio knowledge using various microphones and syncing in post
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues without assistance (live streaming, surveillance recording, audio and editing mixing boards)
- Experience in lighting, and 3-point set-ups
- Willing to work long and odd hours
- Experience in reality TV camera operation
- Willing to be a one-man team
- Passion and knowledge regarding League of Legends; reality TV, and E-Sports
- Video editing experience: Avid/Premiere/Sony Vegas/Final Cut Pro.
- Camera - (ENG, DSLR, HD set ups, GoPro, camcorders)
- Heavy Lights (Fresnel lights)
- Experience in transferring, importing, compressing, exporting into a variety of formats
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects.
- Video and audio recording experience (candidate should be familiar with professional recording equipment and techniques).
- Familiarity with web compression and file formats
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Familiarity with video games and video game media.
- Must be comfortable handling multiple projects and working with deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of YouTube and YouTube channel management.
- Knowledge of motion graphics.
- Thorough understanding of MMO games.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Additionally, if you have any questions I'll be checking back on this thread regularly, so you may ask them here if you like!
Thanks and I hope I'm not breaking any rules!
Edited by LesleyAnn Abernathy, 12 July 2012 - 07:38 PM.