#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

I JUST finishing watching this wonderful series of the earliest special effects movies. It was on TCM which almost goes without saying. I had never seen most of these films. I was HORRIFIED to learn from Robert Osborn's commentary that Melies had destroyed the negatives of several of his films after a nasty battler with Pathe which makes me wonder what treasures were lost to film history. I find it disheartening to think there is virtually no hope a print of one of these lost films will ever surface. IF you want to see what eventually led to films like "Inception" and "Star Wars" or any other effects driven movie, watch for the next showing and give this compilation of the earliest Action/Adventure-Science Fiction a go! B)

#2 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

I JUST finishing watching this wonderful series of the earliest special effects movies. It was on TCM which almost goes without saying. I had never seen most of these films. I was HORRIFIED to learn from Robert Osborn's commentary that Melies had destroyed the negatives of several of his films after a nasty battler with Pathe which makes me wonder what treasures were lost to film history. I find it disheartening to think there is virtually no hope a print of one of these lost films will ever surface. IF you want to see what eventually led to films like "Inception" and "Star Wars" or any other effects driven movie, watch for the next showing and give this compilation of the earliest Action/Adventure-Science Fiction a go! B)

Wathed part of it last night, myself. Great stuff.

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

CineTape

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Visual Products