Roger Court

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Other
  • Kent, UK

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm new to super 8 and film making in general, so I'm hoping someone can help me with a query about a Nizo 561 Macro camera I've just bought.

I also have a Sankyo XL 620 and a Nizo 3056, and on both of those you can clearly hear the iris control motor working when the lighting conditions change. On the 561 Macro though, while everything else appears to be working fine and the lightmeter responds to differing light conditions, I can't hear an iris motor.

Does anyone who has one know if this is normal for this model, or do I need to get it serviced?

Cheers,

~R~

#2 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I'm new to super 8 and film making in general, so I'm hoping someone can help me with a query about a Nizo 561 Macro camera I've just bought.

I also have a Sankyo XL 620 and a Nizo 3056, and on both of those you can clearly hear the iris control motor working when the lighting conditions change. On the 561 Macro though, while everything else appears to be working fine and the lightmeter responds to differing light conditions, I can't hear an iris motor.

Does anyone who has one know if this is normal for this model, or do I need to get it serviced?

Cheers,

~R~

This is normal. Like the majority of super8 cameras, the 561 uses a moving vane system which is part of the galvanometer. It makes no noise whatsoever.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

#3 Roger Court

Roger Court

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Other
  • Kent, UK

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thank you for setting my mind at rest! My experience with the other two made me sure this one must have a fault. Now to run some film through it :)

Cheers,

~R~

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Ritter Battery

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine