Naum Doksevski

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Skopje, Macedonia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi to everyone!! This is my short movie exam for the department of cinematography at the faculty of dramatic arts is Skopje. I would like and will be very happy to see your comments and rating about the photography in this movie.

#2 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi to everyone!! This is my short movie exam for the department of cinematography at the faculty of dramatic arts is Skopje. I would like and will be very happy to see your comments and rating about the photography in this movie.

Very interesting visuals. A sound-film with no dialogue can be difficult to pull off, but I think it worked. I like the lighting in the bathroom and the exteriors were gorgeous. I found the strobing in the club to be a bit off. Maybe it wan't synched with the frame-rate.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it. Talk about how you made it (lighting, camera, format, etc.)

#3 Naum Doksevski

Naum Doksevski

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Skopje, Macedonia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

thank you...yes i agree with you about the strobe in the club...when i saw it in editing i thought the same..but then i couldn't do anything :D I did this movie/exam with a very small lighting and camera equipment.. it was lit only with Dedolight set and 2 HMI x 200w... with canon d5... before shooting i planed this exam to shoot on 16mm - krasnogorsk camera, that s why i didn't put dialog in the screenplay :D but things got wrong and i didn't get film negative in time :D

#4 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

thank you...yes i agree with you about the strobe in the club...when i saw it in editing i thought the same..but then i couldn't do anything :D I did this movie/exam with a very small lighting and camera equipment.. it was lit only with Dedolight set and 2 HMI x 200w... with canon d5... before shooting i planed this exam to shoot on 16mm - krasnogorsk camera, that s why i didn't put dialog in the screenplay :D but things got wrong and i didn't get film negative in time :D

Yep, I kind of figured it was a DSLR. Do yourself a favor and eventually shoot a short project on 16mm like you planned. It is an entirely different learning curve.

#5 Naum Doksevski

Naum Doksevski

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Skopje, Macedonia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Yep, I kind of figured it was a DSLR. Do yourself a favor and eventually shoot a short project on 16mm like you planned. It is an entirely different learning curve.

Yes I wiil do it for sure.. I ve already done something very short and very experimental.. 30m kodak test with very old camera :D but after i shot it when i saw it, i noticed that i had problem with the aspect ratio :D

here is it :D

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

The Slider

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS