Chris Lambert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hi all

I've recently been running into a few issues with my Libec Ls38 I've been filming for a few years now having upgraded quite quickly from the LS TH920? (i think) a few years prior due to the lack of weight it could handle which is a shame as I miss it to be honest.

I'm now beginning to have some serious issues with my LS38 it was always coming loose anyway from the time i bought it when doing tilts from low to high (always at the low end) but now the head is reguarly coming loose and gradually moving off balance during pans!? Does anyone know how this could have occured?

A month or so ago I packaged the ball and head seperatley from one another and the only thing I can think of is that perhaps the bubble wrap i wrapped the head in may have removed some form of lubrication which has gradually been erroding at the ball head and might explain the slipping now? Is there any long shot I could do to counteract this? or is this ballhead basically dead now should this be the case? Even if it is the case as it's not something I've heard/ run into before.

Any help/ thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies