Photo

Project "Borderline" 12 filmmakers on a bus exploring immigration issue across Europe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn phillip Curtis

Bjorn phillip Curtis

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hello guys. My name is Bjorn Curtis and i am from Norway. I have now been working freelance here and there as a Cinematographer/lighting assistant for the past 6 months after finishing my BA in film production (majoring in Cinematography) in Cape town South Africa. I have a few short films and music videos that i have shot and a portfolio/showreel that i have built up through my 3 years of study, So I'm pretty new to the craft of cinematography. And now i have a great challenge ahead of me, so please any advice would be very helpful!:) Oh and by the way this is my very first post here:)

In November i will be going on a road trip from Paris/France to Guimares/Portugal with 12 other filmmakers. The workshop will take place on the road between these two destinations and the goal is to produce 4 short films about the immigration issue in Europe. Our time frame will be of 3 weeks, this includes shooting and post production of the films. We are into the early stages of pre production and doing our research of where we can make our "pit" stops too shoot.

This is the gear i will be taking with me:

5d mark ii Dslr. (2 16gb CF cards 2x lithium batteries)

Distagon zeiss f.2.8 21mm

Nikkor e series f.1.8 50mm and a f.2.8 135mm

Zacuto handheld rig w/followfocus

Mattebox (1x ND 1x polarizer)

Tripod.

Chinese lantern.

So when it comes to the lighting side i don't really have a lot to work with, but as i also see the issue of taking to much gear with me, i am having trouble to figure out the absolute necessity of what i need of gear to be as effective as i can given the conditions of the this project.

I have been looking into maybe getting to rent some Kino`s as they are light weight and flexible and are easy on the amount off watts they pull.
i was also looking into some LED lighting although they are not cheap.

Do you guys have any suggestions or advice you could give me on what i should bring and not to bring ?
I would be extremely grateful:)

Cheers

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio