#1 Aaron Burgess

Aaron Burgess

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

I have to make a shot list for my short drama.

I have a script, and a detailed storyboard so far. My teacher gave me some information for example Scene 1 has a shot from above, and one from the side of the road. Thus 2 shots.

What I need to know though is a lot of my drama is in a car. So many scenes have the same camera shots. Do I still break the shots up in their scenes even if some scenes share the same shots just different dialogue?

e.g.
Scene 1 - Shots (1,2) (road shots)
Scene 2 - Shots (1,2,3) (3 different angles inside the car)
Scene 3 - Shots (1) (road shot)
scene 4 - Shots (1,2) (2 different angles inside the car) - (but still same angles as Scene 2)

I know this is not a correct shot list, but I'm just trying to explain my question.

Also if they are separated into scenes how do you track easily what scene shots can be filmed at the same time so you know that scenes 2 and 4 will both be covered in one go?

#2 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5069 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Having made a film in a car, I broke down the car scenes into the angles required and then shot each scene that used that particular camera set up. The alternative of shooting each scene would've required re setting the camera numerous times in complex camera rigs and plus the relights. All this was time consuming and the shooting time would've gone beyond our shooting schedule. The down side was that the actors had to move from one scene to next, rather than stay in the same one.

I would label each shot, so that you know that the shot comes from a certain camera position, e.g having a MCU & CU from camera position A. A plan of the car with each camera position marked should allow you to fit this together. You just list them shot 1., shot 2 etc..

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

CineLab

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC

The Slider