alika aurelya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

in the near future I would suting films using the Alexa camera,
This movie was my first periodic films (1942 - 1947), in this movie I planned to split the story into three major sections. The first part of my plan will be grading towards natural colors to depict a peaceful atmosphere, then the second part will be the color will start to become more desaturation, and the third part will be more desaturation than the second part. the question is whether I should do a special trick to make up and and the color of blood (there will be a battle scene)? or I suting only and do grading?? I was hoping to get help explanation of this forum.
sorry for my english limitation.

thanks and my respect

#2 Stuart Brereton

Stuart Brereton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3070 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

Anakfilm, you need to use your real first and last name, it's one of the forum rules.

#3 alika aurelya

alika aurelya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Anakfilm, you need to use your real first and last name, it's one of the forum rules.

oh iam really sory...

#4 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Sounds more like a creative decision.

Blood is tricky because it can look brown if you desaturate too much. So your choices are to isolate it in the post color stage or perhaps make the blood a brighter, more saturated red when shooting so when you take back the saturation in post. If blood is a major component then I'd make sure you run some tests (you should anyway) to see what it will look like.

#5 David Block

David Block

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Blood is always a tough one. The idea for tests never hurts. Even when it's full color, blood often needs to be cheated to make it look red. When you desaturate it it's going to go black. Here's an idea, isolate the blood with the color corrector. To start with you might need to make you blood overly red. You can usually reduce this as needed. So to continue the idea, desaturate everything else progressively except the blood. Another would be again to isolate the blood, but instead of keeping it red as things desaturate you can desaturate too but use luminance to change how light or dark the blood turns. These are just ideas and I'd do some tests to see how they'd work. Good luck.

David

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks