Matthew Bizer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey guys,

I have a shoot coming up in a couple of weeks for a mock runway show for a fashion designer. The client wants to light the cyc wall in our studio space a cobalt blue color while lighting the models neutral on the runway.

I already have a diva light for the runway models as well as a track lighting system running the length of their walk with 200watt units in it. My question is about the color wash. I am looking into DJ led color wash lights in NY to light the wall, but I am not sure. I also thought about using Pars or Fresnels with party blue gels. Can anyone suggest one way or another? I want the rich blue, but I have a rather limited budget. whatever my Option id like to keep the wash under $100 for the day. c2894c39-e914-48a8-8768-a662693fc49b_photo.jpg

Thanks again

please see my example attached.

#2 Ari Davidson

Ari Davidson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hey guys,

I have a shoot coming up in a couple of weeks for a mock runway show for a fashion designer. The client wants to light the cyc wall in our studio space a cobalt blue color while lighting the models neutral on the runway.

I already have a diva light for the runway models as well as a track lighting system running the length of their walk with 200watt units in it. My question is about the color wash. I am looking into DJ led color wash lights in NY to light the wall, but I am not sure. I also thought about using Pars or Fresnels with party blue gels. Can anyone suggest one way or another? I want the rich blue, but I have a rather limited budget. whatever my Option id like to keep the wash under $100 for the day. c2894c39-e914-48a8-8768-a662693fc49b_photo.jpg

Thanks again

please see my example attached.

Rosco 125 Blue Cyc Silk on 1.5k cyc lights should work lovely.

#3 Matthew Bizer

Matthew Bizer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Rosco 125 Blue Cyc Silk on 1.5k cyc lights should work lovely.

Thanks Ari,

The obvious is never simple. I will see if we can track them down somewhere in manhattan.

#4 Ari Davidson

Ari Davidson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

I would try Shadowstone.

#5 Justin W. King

Justin W. King
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Electrician
  • New York, NY

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

If he or she only wants blue, you could also use kinos with super blue bulbs. The kinos may be too expensive though.

If you want color changing, then Colorforce and Selador LEds are among the best LEDs for color washes. You could also try altman LED fixtures.

If you are truly on a budget, you may want to try and get the super blues for the diva lights and rent a tungsten kit for the models. ( I would imagine they make super blue bulbs for the Divas as well)

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Glidecam

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Ritter Battery