http://www.pluginmus...e-come-on-video

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

What's interesting about this music video is that it kind of made me feel like this is one type of song and style that does not work with super-8mm. The song is so slow and soothing that I think I need to see prettier images, or, really scary images, the complete opposite to what we got.

#3 Matt Stevens

Matt Stevens
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Opening shot Steadi or Glide-cammed? Looks to steady to be handheld. Please do tell. What camera was used? How did you maintain sound sync? I don't detect rubber lips.

The film is quite scratch ridden. Was that intentional? Was the gate gunked up? Did you add in post?

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Opening shot Steadi or Glide-cammed? Looks to steady to be handheld. Please do tell. What camera was used? How did you maintain sound sync? I don't detect rubber lips.

The film is quite scratch ridden. Was that intentional? Was the gate gunked up? Did you add in post?

I just found the news article, sorry if I gave the impression that I worked on it.

#5 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

What's interesting about this music video is that it kind of made me feel like this is one type of song and style that does not work with super-8mm. The song is so slow and soothing that I think I need to see prettier images, or, really scary images, the complete opposite to what we got.

Couldn't agree more. It has something to do with the slow pace of the song and too much frenetic film flaws going too fast and taking me out of the mood of the piece.

Plus the big sprocket hole on one side is kind of annoying. Seems like what you do to prove you're using film but makes it seem amateurish because it's so annoying through the whole piece. If you really want to establish the film thing, then fine, do it for a few seconds then crop it out so I can concentrate on the performance.

The slow-mo lip sync is probably a good idea, but give it to me in clean 16 or 35 please. Maybe some Super 8 cutaways.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Opal

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Glidecam

CineTape