Hello Members of Cinematography -
I have a job opportunity at Grass Valley, located out of our Burbank, California office. The job is for Pre-Sales Solutions for Cameras. I have provided the job description below. If you or anyone you know might be intersted in exploring the opportunity please email me at Rebecca.Sturgess@grassvalley.com or call at 818.729.7716
This position supports the field sales force and has target pay tied to the region (North America). Incumbent will work directly with account executives and sales management to identify, develop and close business related to Live Imaging; Production, News and Sports. Generate opportunities to sell company products and services by actively and regularly reaching out to assigned customer tier as defined by sales management. Assist in keeping customers informed of Grass Valley’s solution offerings through sales collateral distribution and other communication media and channels. Will take inbound customer calls and direct to appropriate Account Executive or direct customers to website or other company resources for information upon request. Provides support to the sales team by following up on customer inquiries, keeping the sales team regularly informed and providing strong support to account executives. Incumbent will assist in developing technical proposals for account executives and sales management. Participate in regular reporting for the Pre-Sales team and other groups as assigned. Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, competitive posture of the company, and continually increases knowledge of company products/services.
• Technical presentation and consultation with external customers regarding our solution offering in this space; 3G Camera systems, Colorimetry (video gamut & color temperature), Lenses, Triax and Fiber Transmission Systems, file transfers, TCP/IP Networking, file compression schemes
• Presentation of PowerPoint slides created by Marketing or others to Customers and large groups of potential Customers at Trade Show Technical Sessions.
• Taking inbound customer calls, determining customer need and taking ownership of customer problems to direct as appropriate and resolve customer inquiry
• Developing the technical response of customer proposal requests as assigned by the Solution Sales Consultant or your supervisor.
• Use of the Templates and Tools provided you as a part of the quote response process.
• Working with the Marketing Group, as defined in the Account Executive Field Engagement Matrix to follow up on product development and changes to our offering.
• Communicating to the NAM Regional Sales Managers and Account Executives feedback from Marketing on specific Customer Questions or General Sales opportunities.
• Acting as a Trusted Advisor to the NAM Sales Team as well as our Customer base
• Acts as a liaison between Marketing and Sales to positively influence communication of Solutions offerings to external customers as well as the Sales Team.
• As determined by the Solution Sales Consultant, act in a limited capacity on behalf of Sales to produce the Quotes, System Drawings and other Pre-Sale documents in support of a System opportunity. Post Sale, if awarded the project, support the Professional Services resources (Field Commissioning Engineer and the Operational Trainer) to fulfill the quoted services.
• Document Customer and Internal discussions affecting the Scope of the Project in order to develop task lists for all parties involved in the development and delivery of the documents
• Making outbound calls to customers as assigned by sales management to validate leads by providing sales collateral on company solutions and reaching agreement for a face to face meeting(s) for the purpose of further system solution offerings and discussions.
• Communicate with region field sales team keeping them aware of any status updates, customer inquiries, and deliverables
• Typically, at least once a year, Marketing will provide training on New Product Introductions. Once training is received, it is the responsibility of this position to train the Account Executives about the NPI.
• Communicates directly to customers, actively listens to customers to understand their expectations, anticipate needs, and deliver professional on-time correspondence
• Post sales follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
• Trade show support such as local, regional show as well as NAB Convention.
Required Skills & Competencies
• 10 Years or more experience with Live Production technical operations for Field/Studio Production and/or Live News Production.
• Master level knowledge of Imaging Sensors, Lenses Optics and Triax/Fiber Transmission Systems
• Ability to consult with Customers on the requirements for Camera’s, Lenses, Transmission Systems, Portable & Fixed Cabling, Master Control Panels, Test & Measurement Systems.
• Expert level with TCP/IP Networking and File Based Workflows and file transport methods
• Ability to load, configure hardware from software images
• Microsoft 2010 office suite, expert level in Word, Visio, Excel & PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal communication skills & Phone etiquette
• Professional written communication skills that represents Grass Valley’s image during delivery of business correspondence
• Ability to be resourceful, build rapport and collaborate with internal departments
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task throughout the day
• Professional Customer Interaction with a high level of emotional intelligence
• Personal hygiene and appearance consistent with a Sales Position
• Average amount of out of state travel per year approximately 60%.
Thank You - Rebecca
Grass Valley Opportunity
No replies to this topic