Red SSD suddenly appears blank after attempting to read
Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:18 AM
- I just shot a load of stuff onto a 256GB SSD
- I put it into the reader, which is connected to my PC via eSATA.
- I tried to copy the contents onto my RAID
- About a quarter of the way through the 25GB copy, the reader shut down, the red light out.
- The computer now can't mount the card via the reader
- The camera sees the card as empty
My interpretation of this is that a fault in the reader has wrecked the data - or at least the filesystem - on the card. Is there likely to be any recovering this?
Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:32 PM
does appear to be mac only, however. . .
Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:54 PM
I know the much older red drives would fry themselves if connected without a mains supply connected so maybe this is a similar or less serious thing? Anyway, yeah it sounds like the drive reader fried itself one way or another, so I'm guessing there was a power issue?
I think the red still uses fat32 or similar so maybe something like norton disc doctor could help, or you could talk to the guys at red.
Edited by Freya Black, 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM.
Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:17 PM