#1 Nate Opgenorth

Nate Opgenorth
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Syracuse, NY

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

So lets say I were to do a film using a Canon 5D Mk.III (Most likely a Canon 6D but similar) and a Canon 7D (or other APS-C style camera) while using the Panasonic AG7200 anamorphic adapter (1.33x squeeze, so 1.78:1 to 2.35:1~). My thoughts were that since the adapter like many full purpose anamorphic lenses has trouble close focusing I could use regular spherical process to shoot macro shots and interiors with allot of close ups when using wider glass (under 35mm full frame/8-perf). I don't currently have an AG7200 to test some of this but I'm wondering if there are any examples of even say Super35 and 35 anamorphic in one film looking bad or great...I personally like the aesthetics of anamorphic even on shots where barrel distortion is VERY obvious (i.e.: Léon: The Professional, Heat [certain parts], and a few others)...My main idea behind this is thinking about Wally Pfisters Cinematography where he was mixing VistaVision (8-perf), Anamorphic 35mm, and 65mm together and it honestly looked great in The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, etc.

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Glidecam

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport