#1 steve waschka

steve waschka
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Indian Harbour Beach, FL

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

ok. So I would categorize myself in the scared to see film go away crowd. But i do have dslr's and older eng's in my kit. I'm torn between my next personal camera being a used cinealta or arri sr3 s16. So I'm relatively open minded.

I've been watching "Side by side" and I think... the big difference has much to do with the discipline. If you just machine gun digital and don't light, or meter, or care about color pallet, you can turn out a crappy picture with imax. i guess digital's comparative tarnish comes from the fact that filming in imax, for example, tends to weed out the undisciplined due to sheer cost of production. I suppose reg 4perf 35mm achieves a similar result collecting disciplined cinematographers. But... and here's what kills me about ANY technology... I have a 14ft screen and didn't pull it down to watch this as i was just too lazy to do so. So its on an lcd. I was waiting for the disc but its dvd anyways, so I just streamed it. Now... netflix is jamming every 3 min to buffer for 30sec. Since the stream is constantly interrupted, I decided to take some baseline meterings to calibrate an eng rig I'm planning on using and i forgot to charge batteries. So I cant do that either. I cheer internally every time Pfister's turn comes up. "Get 'em Wally!"

I'm going to drop the screen and watch "Looper" now. The fence post is starting to hurt my hind end.

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Opal

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider