Lotem Sella

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hello yall

I'm working on my final film for the spring semester and I was hoping to get some advice. I'm shooting on 16mm Kodak Double-X, developing it and that is where I have my questions. The film has to do with black and white footage but at certain important points I will be toning shots as well as using oil paints on the film. Now what I'm not sure about is should I just make a print of the stuff that I want to color, and keep the rest of the footage as a negative to digitized? My thinking right now is that I should make a print of all the negative I've shot so that the look of the film will be consistent for the whole story. 

Alright so that is my negative or positive dilemma... My other one is the best way to digitize the film. At our school we have an old oxberry optical printer with a Canon EOS 60D (I think) as the camera instead of a film camera to digitize stuff. Now when I digitize it how do I make sure that the aspect ratio of 16mm is maintained and also are there any settings I can upload or just change in the camera to create the truest image? 

Finally for the scenes that will have oil paints on the film I feel like I can't just leave it like that because the paint will smear on the projection gate. Is there any way I can make sure the paint stays intact on the frames I want without smearing it?

Thanks in advance for helpful answers.

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Tai Audio

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks