#1 Brian Rose

Brian Rose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Student
  • Kansas City area

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Well gang, in a week's time I'll be on a plane to Oahu, to spend four days interviewing the subject of my new documentary, as well as gathering b-roll material. 

I've read all I can find about the island to prep myself.  I've been there before, though it's been ten years, so I'm trying to prep.  I've got a rental car.  I realize traffic will be, erm, interesting, but it's gotta be done.  I'm bringing my own gear, not renting anything over there.  It's a tight little shoot, and I'm pretty much a one man band with a camera and a glidecam.  Plan is to just get as much material as I can, so I can cut together a strong trailer to raise more funds to keep the project going. 

Any advice as far as getting around, and parking, and anything else to be aware of?  I've familiarized myself with the rush hours, and plan to just allow lots of time for travel, and carry cash for the parking.  But anything you all can suggest that might save me from some headaches, I'd surely appreciate!

Thanks!

BR 

#2 Gary Lemson

Gary Lemson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Other
  • Santa Cruz Mountains

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

If in Waikiki, consider parking at the Ala Moana Mall. The Gillian's Island Marina is across the street for some good b-roll B). If you need to get across the island, then I recommend taking the H3 interstate... traffic is typcally reasonable. For the best Italian food you'll ever have, go to Arancino.

There are certainly no shortage gorgeous back-drop locations such as the Byodo-In Temple or Haleiwa.

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

CineTape