#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

There are so many unsung heroes in our industry. As a director, I rely on the people I work with to create the magic that I envision. Without them, I couldn't make my vision seen outside my head and that is a humbling thought. I saw this article while reading another, written by the same guy and understand why he wrote the article about this particular gentleman:

http://www.redsharkn...eer-passes-away

There are so many out there that deserve recognition for their contribution to our industry and our films. I'm just curious, who are your unsung heroes and what is their contribution to the legacy of motion pictures?

My personal favorite off the top of my head is a little more sung than others but still unknown to many and actually very appropriate to this forum. The man's name is Garrett Brown, who in 1975  built  the "Brown Stabilizer" otherwise known to the rest of us as the Steadicam. The Steadicam revolutionized camera movement and has allowed directors to shoot almost anywhere while moving the camera. I'll never forget the first time I saw the hallway / Big Wheel sequence in "The Shining" or "Rocky" with Stallone running up the steps to the statue as the camera moved with, and then around him. 

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 25 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#2 Christopher Sheneman

Christopher Sheneman
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Forget all those guys, they already got theirs- they had their time (in the sun). My unsung hero? James Steven Beverly.

#3 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Forget all those guys, they already got theirs- they had their time (in the sun). My unsung hero? James Steven Beverly.

:D Thank you for that, you are most kind, sir! B)

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Technodolly

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine