#1 steve waschka

steve waschka
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Indian Harbour Beach, FL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

If I take a quIck tIme pro movIe on mac and export It as AVI, Avisynth can't read It but VIrtualDub can. When I take that file on pc and export it out of Virtual Dub or save it as an AVI, QuickTime Pro on the Mac cant read it and you cannot import it into Premier Pro. This is uncompressed. And I've tried excluding the Audio.

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11939 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

There's more than a few varieties of "uncompressed"; it depends which one you're using. Pixel ordering, subsampling and bit depth in the file all make a difference. Unfortunately without more specifics I can't be more helpful - exactly what settings are you using?

Beyond that, you can find out what sort of formats you're actually using with VirtualDub, usually expressed as a four-character code (RGBA, HDYC, YUVY, R210 and V210 etc. are all uncompressed formats you can put in AVI or Quicktime containers).

P

#3 steve waschka

steve waschka
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Indian Harbour Beach, FL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

UnfortUnately I don't think I have that many choices in quickTime Pro it's just a matter of selecting avi, compression Apple none, and maybe a slider for quality level. I don't remember that once you've chosen no compression in Virtual Dub that there are very many selections either. I understand what you're saying I just don't know how to manipulate the programs to accommodate. If It helps you help me. The answer Is I don't mInd what fIle I us.e to go back and forth. I just don't want to add any artIfacts through compressIon.

Edited by steve waschka, 09 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

CineLab

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Tai Audio

Technodolly

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera