Photo

My Dedication and Sacrifices for Fim - Your Story?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Randy J Tomlinson

Randy J Tomlinson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • USA / Europe

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

First off: By no means this is to Insult anyone or hurt anyones feelings. I wonder what is YOUR Story to fullfill you Dreams to become a Fimmaker?

What did you do to achieve Fimmaking? I really am currious about your Stories :)

My first contact with film was when i was 15. I got myself a little Super 8 Camera and i shot some family films. To bad i dont have these films anymore :(

Back in 2008 i started to become interested in film again and i really wanted to become a filmmaker. I was sooo rookie haha. I did not know nothing.

I started to work my butt to the bone. I saved all my money for 1 year. Sometimes i ate bred and cheese haha. I went to Filmschool in Brighton. The happiest time of my life.

The money i saved flowed thru the palms of my hands like sand, but it was worth it.

Then again i saved money like crazy. I spent months on Ebay looking at all the offers for 16mm and 35mm cameras and i dreamed to own one. During this time i learned a lot about cameras but i realize today i still don't know nothing at all. I don't care. I am happy to be here, read all the postings, learn from it. I am learning new things every day.

Now i am a proud owner of a Moviecam Compact. I still need a few items but i have the body, two 400' mags, one 1000' magazine, batteries and the complete mattebox compendium (Chrosziel). I only need a good lense and tripod. But theses are things i can rent for the moment.

I am totally excited and i can't wait to go out to the field and shoot my first footage. :)

Regarding filmstock, developing and scaning my film, i did my homework ;)

Tell me, what is your story? What did you do to fullfill your dream?

Respectfully

Randy

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

CineLab

Technodolly

Opal