So there's a couple of scenes in this short, that are rather advanced for me.
1. We want this monster to climb a wall and end up on a vaulted ceiling like this .
The shot is static so we shot a plate of the empty ceiling and took some measurements, but what do I do on the greenscreen set? How do I have actor move, and camera positioned/angled to make this come together in the composite.
2. There's a part where a person with a flashlight comes across the monster and the monster moves toward them. So the light from the flashlight illuminates the monster.
We shot a few plates, as we were not sure which would be best, we shot one with flashlights on the background and one without.
So we have a few options on the greenscreen and I'm not sure what will be best for the composite. Just to be clear we don't see the actual flashlights in the composite, just the light from them.
1. shoot the actor with flashlights, and composite him into the plate without flashlights.
2. shoot the actor without flashlights, and composite him into the plate with flashlights.
3. shoot the actor and flashlights separately.
4. cgi the flashlights?
Any help is greatly appreciated.