#1 Matt Whitman

Matt Whitman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hello everyone - I wanted to share with you a project that I have been working on for the past several months in which I am documenting the construction of the new World Trade Center buildings using a stockpile of Ektachrome 100D in Super8 format.

I have finished 'Part One' of the project (viewable here: http://goo.gl/EW5F4) and for 'Part Two' I am trying to gain access to One World Trade Center itself in order to film with my Super8 camera from the top of the building and from the inside.

Right now, there is a photo contest taking place which I have entered in the hopes of being able to accomplish this. If you would be willing, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to vote for my image (which is a still taken from my Ektachrome footage).

You can do this by following this link: http://bit.ly/16v6nwv and then 'like' the World Trade Center's page and then vote for my image. 

My film project is part of my larger master's degree thesis project. If you can help me with this, I would be so thankful.

Thanks for reading my post

-Matt Whitman

#2 Jon Lester

Jon Lester

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Other
  • Crawford, Georgia, USA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Done. I was there a couple months ago, when the spire was being placed, so it's good to see how it looks on film.

#3 Matt Whitman

Matt Whitman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

thank you so much! i really appreciate the support

#4 Matt Whitman

Matt Whitman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm glad that you liked the footage. I wanted to get the moment of the spire's completion on film but the Port Authority changed the time at the last minute from when they had said they would do it and I ended up missing the opportunity  :angry: 

Part of the reason I want to capture the building on film is because film was used primarily to document the original twin World Trade Center towers during their construction in the late 1960s and early 1970s and then they were captured on film by countless people who visited the twin towers well into the 1980s.

Edited by Matt Whitman, 31 July 2013 - 08:55 PM.

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio