1 reply to this topic

#1 Jordan Newell White

Jordan Newell White
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Student

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Tiffen DFX Filters have filters that let you emulate 1990s Eastman Film Stocks. Is there any way to emulate the Eastman Film Stocks of the 1980s? Like they're grainier than 1990s Eastman film stocks and have a different color to them? How exactly can I have that with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. What I'm trying to do is make a movie with the available resources that I have, completely zero budget, shot with a Panasonic DMC-ZS20 camera at 60 fps or 30 fps, and using nearby places as a backdrop, plus some of my friends as actors. I would also like to make it like a 1980s family film, yet to do that, I not only need to make the plot like a 1980s family film, but also make the footage look like a 1980s family film. The best way for me to do this would be to emulate the Eastman 1980s film stocks, which most of the 1980s family films were shot with. Are there any LUT pictures that I can use to self-teach myself to color grade and create the preset needed for this in Colorista from Magic Bullet Looks from Red Giant?

#2 Heikki Repo

Heikki Repo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Director
  • Finland

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Take a look:

Having said that, are you sure you wouldn't rather go after the 80s home video look? Something like this:

For video look, make sure your footage is interlaced 60i, blow highlights and do something to blur it so that you lose enough resolution.

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

CineLab

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets