Vancouver Film School programs focus on industries that use moving images, graphics, sound and text as fundamental components for communication, information and story. VFS programs regularly and continually evolve in response to the current industry methodology, technology and need. VFS offers world recognized, full-time, one-year programs in Film Production, 3D Animation & Visual Effects, Classical Animation, Digital Character Animation, Sound Design, Writing, Acting, Makeup Design, Digital Design, Game Design, Foundation Visual Art & Design, and Entertainment Business Management. These one-year programs are intensive, focused on the field of study and immerse students in industry-like settings and situations in order to best prepare them for work in their chosen field.
VFS is currently accepting applications for a part-time Instructor – Cinematography position in our Film Production Department.
Reporting to the Head of Film Production and Senior Instructor for Cinematography, the PT Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Provide students with instruction based upon existing curriculum.
- Collaboration with Head of Department, the Senior Cinematography Instructor, and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Run lectures and workshops in timely fashion.
- Coordinate lectures and workshops with Equipment Room and Cine Teaching Assistants.
- Complete class attendance and grading.
- Provide individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Mentor students on projects and shoots.
- Provide punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Design and update class and workshop material as signed off by the Head of Department and the Senior Cinematography Instructor.
- Review, grade, and provide feedback on student work and exams in an efficient manner.
- Manage and update material such as deadlines and quizzes in Moodle.
- Stay current with industry practices, techniques, and new gear.
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, degree – or equivalent – and/or three years of industry experience as a Director of Photography/Cinematographer or equivalent academic training and experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the profile above and would like to be part of our growing organization, we invite you apply for this position through the following website: http://vfs.edu/about-vfs/careers. Once on the website, please click on ‘Instructor – Cinematography’ and 'Apply Now' to reach the online application. Please note that your resume and cover letter must be uploaded in either PDF or Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.vfs.edu.