1 reply to this topic

#1 Ronnee Swenton

Ronnee Swenton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

So I figure Guy will be the first to answer this for me, but I have two Honda EU2000i's and a parallel kit and I'm considering making a DIY 30Amp edison socket receptacle. (2 20amp outlets in parallel)

I've read that in standard parallel, you can only pull up to 20 amps on the dual 2000i's. This is fine for the 2K I'm trying to run, but I'd also like to utilize the other 10 amps available for smaller lights.

Am I approaching this the wrong way?

Thanks,

Ronnee

#2 Guy Holt

Guy Holt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Boston

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

I've read that in standard parallel, you can only pull up to 20 amps on the dual 2000i's. This is fine for the 2K I'm trying to run, but I'd also like to utilize the other 10 amps available for smaller lights.

Am I approaching this the wrong way?

It is true that you are limited to the rated output of the 20A U-Ground Edison Outlets on the EU2000s when you use the Honda Parallel cable kit to parallel two of them. Honda makes a special version of the EU2000 with a 30A receptacle that when paralleled with the standard EU2000 will give you 30Amps  from a single outlet, but these non-standard EU2000s are hard to come by.

EU2000_Paralell_Set_Up_Sm.jpg

We offer two parallel kits. The first combines the output of two EU2000s for a maximum load of 33.4A (pictured above.) The second combines the output of two EU3000s for a maximum load of 50A. Both are configured with the industry standard 60A Bates receptacle so that you can power larger HMIs or use standard Bates splitters, extensions, and breakout boxes to distribute power around your set. The 30A kit bolts onto the front of one of the EU2000s and  includes an amp meter so that you can monitor the load on the generators so that you do not exceed 4000W (33.4 Amps) between them.

Guy Holt, Gaffer, SceenLight & Grip, Lighting and Grip Rental & Sales in Boston.

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products