3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Ditto

Robert Ditto
  • Sustaining Members
  • 72 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

I was wondering if any of you Bolex Tinkerers out there could help me with a project I am working on?

I have a very good 12v DC battery and I would like to build a power connector box that would have both a 4-pin XLR connector to run my Tobin Motor and an original Bolex connector to run my EBM.

Or I can just have the XLR but will need to make an XLR to original Bolex power cord. Either way is fine with me, I just need to know how to wire it correctly. I dont want to ruin any of my equipment.

Thanks

Sincerely, Respectfully,
Robert M. Ditto

#2 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hi Robert,

The wiring will be different depending on whether you're going straight into the camera body or if you're going through the power grip or flat base adapter. What do you have?

Jean-Louis

#3 Robert Ditto

Robert Ditto
  • Sustaining Members
  • 72 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hello Jean-Louis!

I have the hand grip but dont use it. Would rather get rid of it actually. I do have rhe flat base adapter that I use when not shooting crystal sync. I also have the Tobin Crystal controller for shooting sync sound.

If I need three power out puts for all three of the different connections, that is fine with me. But I would like to run a single connection to the box from the battery, then break it out into different sockets connections for the different connectors on the motors/controllers.

Thank You!

Sincerely, Respectfully,
Robert M. Ditto

#4 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Hello Jean-Louis!

I have the hand grip but dont use it. Would rather get rid of it actually. I do have rhe flat base adapter that I use when not shooting crystal sync. I also have the Tobin Crystal controller for shooting sync sound.

If I need three power out puts for all three of the different connections, that is fine with me. But I would like to run a single connection to the box from the battery, then break it out into different sockets connections for the different connectors on the motors/controllers.

Thank You!

Sincerely, Respectfully,
Robert M. Ditto

If you're using the flat base, I can make you a cable to plug into it. Contact me off the board.

Jean-Louis

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

CineTape