cinematography that is like a language?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nathan swanson

nathan swanson
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

hello, i am trying to find suggestions for films that have expert cinematography in a specific way. 

i'm focusing on camera movement as  a part of cinematography and i want to find some films shot by an expert at this,

especially someone who knows many techniques and tricks of moving the camera and uses them all without overburdening the film with too much or being too obvious or like uh pretentious.

when i was an architecture student one of my projects was to watch a short art-film and create my own ' language' of physical pieces/objects and techniques of attaching them to each other that would faithfully and beautifully represent the film, frame by frame, expressing both what had happened in this short film as a whole and each frame, even to an untrained observer. 'architecture is frozen music' ( the grading was subjective). this is the sort of thing i am talking about, but uh in reverse - start with a language of camera techniques and construct a film of them just as music is constructed from simple notes into rhythm, beat, etc.,

would anyone know of cinematography like this in a film? much thanks if you have ideas 

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Visual Products

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport