Photo

Anyone Ever Purchased from Pro Video & Film Equipment Company in Dallas?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Fitch

David Fitch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Other

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone ever purchased a camera, accessories, or conducted any business with Pro Video & Film Equipment Company out of Dallas?  The appearance of their eBay auctions is a little sketchy and amateurish, but their seller rating seems decent, so I thought I'd see if anyone has ever dealt with them.

Thanks!

#2 Phillip Mosness

Phillip Mosness
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Other

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

I know what you mean. They do that thing where they advertise a whole bunch of things at once with a giant price, as apposed to individual items with their own descriptions. Then when they do have a single camera, like the Aaton 35 III, it has some weird caviats like an odd rebate, or a hugely different price if you dare to use paypal.

It's kind of a big turnoff.

#3 Daniel Mimura

Daniel Mimura
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Seattle WA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Holy cr-p!  They're still around?  

I bought my Frezzolini Frezzi-Flex from them when I was in college in the early 90's.  I taught a film/video class to middle schoolers back then and the owner's son was in the class.  Norm Bleicher was the owner.  I ran into him a couple years later and he was getting out, but that's definitely the same company, with the same address, so I guess it meant *he* was getting out, not that his partner was carrying on.

Some people's complaint against the company was, "it was okay, if you were prepared to deal with salesmen".  I didn't feel a hard sell type of thing, but who was I to know, I was inexperienced with film equipment at the time...I was in college and needed a good but cheap 16mm camera and they were great.

When I last talked to Norm, it was probably the mid-90's, and since they're still around, I'd think that says something.

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

CineTape

Opal

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc