#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

I had some stop motion tests I did a while ago I recently rediscovered for a story about a lone astronaut that while exploring an unexplored planet inadvertently allows a hostile alien live form onboard trapping him alone with the creature in s[ace and leaving him to fight for his very survival. At the time, CGI was still REALLY expensive and I thought stop motion would be a better bet. It worked reasonably well for a complete stop motion amateur like myself at the time however was nothing that would have been considered realistically compelling . I got involved with my first short film soon after that and forgot about the footage. After revisiting the test, I decided to see if I could use tweening to smooth out the stop motion footage and see if stop motion might be viable for a no-budget picture. I stared looking into it a few hours ago and found Synfig which is VERY COOL and here's why.  Here is an open source "tweening" program that might help you clean up your stop motion footage.  From what I read, it's actually a very powerful bit of software that can do a lot of things. and did I mention it's FEAKIN' FREE!! I LOVE IT when I find this kind of very cool film making software that doesn't cost a dime. Give it a shot ant let me know what you think!:

http://www.synfig.org/cms/

Also there is a format convertor called "Bink" that will convert files to Xvid {among many others you may have to download Xvid unless you already have it on your system} for web streaming which is something I'm doing with my teaser footage. maybe that might help as well. It CERTAINLY helps upload times and the compression isn't horrible considering how much it's been squashed. There is also "Smacker" there but I haven't screwed with that yet:

http://www.radgametools.com/

#2 George Ebersole

George Ebersole
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1573 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • San Francisco Bay Area

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

I might have a better solution.  Shoot me another PM and we can talk.

#3 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Oh Cool! I'll do that.

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport