• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11944 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Has anyone ever got a single job off this thing?

I used to get it - but now it's behind a password I don't have. It probably isn't much good to me as it was all high end features last time I looked, but I can imagine the horror of a producer whose show was featured on it, being deluged with thousands upon thousands of applications for each role...

P

#2 Stuart Brereton

Stuart Brereton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Every job I have ever had has been through word of mouth, or personal recommendation. I can't imagine anyone hiring from Earlybird or any of the other paid subscriptions.

#3 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

Whenever I have posted even the lowest ranking positions on Mandy.com for local Ontario crew only, it has spawned a flood of email from all over the globe.  People offering to fly themselves to Canada and put themselves up, etc.  What other industry in the world can generate that kind of response?

Oh whilst we're on that topic, do either of you guys know of any positions on Star Wars?  I'm willing to fly myself over to the UK and put myself up, etc.

R,

#4 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

AAAHHHH, yeah. Im producing the new Star warz (don't worry about the spelling, Im sure its just a typo) and,ah, you can fly yourself out and pay all your own expenses (and the productions expenses) again, probably just a typo, then we'll talk about my compensation which probably won't cost you (too much) damn typo again maybe, and all we'll do is use your name and track record to promote it (oh and we keep all the money) WOW, what is with all these could but probable are not, typos?!! BTW reading this constitutes a legally binding, iron clad contract which is totally unbreakable so don't even try it, really, you'll never win agreement contract...iron clad. -Sincerely Steve "Mr. Iron Clad "Beverly and thats who you make the check out to... ON the other hand, maybe better, because of tax reasons to just send cash instead. Ill send you the anonimous PO box address and once I get the money from the 12year old kid that brings it across the street from the post office, Ill let you know when to fly in. It may take a few weeks or months so be patient, you will be contacted (if I need more money to pay off my gambling debts) DAMN TYPOS!!!

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 04 May 2014 - 11:38 PM.

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

The Slider

CineLab

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC