• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

In the past I would of posted this assuming that everyone here would herald such an event:

http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-27663839

Yet I have discovered that for some bizarre reason there are a number of people on here that claim to work in the film industry while at the same time supporting on-line piracy.  How this is possible boggles my mind? As film workers that support on-line piracy are only ensuring that they have no future in the film industry. 

But I guess that obvious fact, is obvious only to me.

R,

#2 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

Hey, As I stated before, if you run a business, someone is gonna steal from you. The trick is to minimize the damage. You can never completely erraticate theft, but you can make it unprofitable enough to discourage most of the piratesout there. There IS something to be said for the "something for nothing" ploy to help create buzz for your project. I've seen a few first run films show on Youtube for a short time that seemed to help get some interest. I don't, a small amount of piracy could possibly be benefical in the long run but the problem is always these greedy scumbags abusing the privelage and ruining it for everyone which is what scumbags DO, so I'm with ya, Richie, let's keep working on wats to nail these folkers and put them in prison where the only movies they are allowed to watch are ones that suck! I, personally, am thinking anything with a talking dog in it.

CineTape

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post