#1 Arrigo Verderosa

Arrigo Verderosa
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi again everybody. 

So in this period I'm working on a film project based on various reality shows like Jersey Shore and Nanny 911 and stuff like that... to achieve that kind of cinematography I'm gonna use a steadycam to follow the actors and a stable camera on a tripod to imitate the "security cameras" around the house. 

now here's my problem: those kind of cameras, the security cameras, have a really low resolution, lots of grain and high ISO and noise. I got a canon 700d and I'd like to know if it's possible to achieve that look by editing the camera settings or later on premiere pro... I even thought of changing the fps to 50...

any tip even the slightest would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks a lot! 

#2 Henry Cohn

Henry Cohn

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Edinburgh

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Steadicam is definitely a good idea. You could imitate CCTV footage and use fishbowl lenses to get the convex look because even though CCTV footage isn't like that any more, low quality convex should still give instant recognition as CCTV. Try it in academy ratio as well, though that might not look good together with 1.77 footage. You could also have all the captions that go on CCTV footage in a pixel typeface.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Glidecam

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Pro 8mm

The Slider

Ritter Battery