Hopefully it is not too late to write here!
I have the big Arri standby bag, probably the same as Erik , and the Panavision Large AC Bag and although the Arri one is great and I would say: "Buy it", if you have different options to choose from, the better.
- It is big, it has two big pockets on the lateral sides where you can put marks, chalk, chains, whatever. It has also 1 big pocket in the front where you can put covers and etc.
And also it has 2 little pockets in the front where you can place air bottles and water. Very handy!
In the back, it has a big pocket (which can be tightened) where you can put the camera report notebook or whatever you want to put.
On top of the bag you will find an elastic band / strap, perfect to put the space blanket inside so it doesn't take space in any pocket.
- It is very very resistant.
- It is going to last all your life, I have mine since 2009 and it has travelled with me around the world, in loads of extreme conditions and it is even newer than before
- It is big! so if you plan on carry it on from location to location without using a magliner and it is full of things.. it is going to be heavy, very heavy!
- There are 6 pockets in the interior and they are useless, if you want to store something inside you better create a zip or a button for the pockets so they don't get opened when you open the bag (it happened to me several times until I put a zip in them)
- The space in the interior of the bag can be separated by two dividers; unless you use some Velcro to attach them stronger in the interior of the bag they will move if you place things without being careful.
All in all, it is a fantastic bag, however, if you have a chance to take a look at the Panavision ones, go and see them because you will find that they are better organized, they are a bit cheaper, just a tad smaller (which is very good if you have to carry it around) and the pockets in the top of the bag are just perfect.
Take a look at the Panavision Large AC Bag
I use both (A Camera / B Camera) but if I have to get just one, I use the Panavision one.
On the other hand, the Arri Small Bag is absolutely amazing for things like Prestons and such. I find it very very useful! much better than the Small Panavision Bag.