Photo

What Caused This Brightness & Color Shift in my Transfer? (with video)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karl Lee

Karl Lee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

I've been syncing some audio and video clips from a few sync sound tests I tried at the last minute while shooting my last batch of film (last minute = mono audio recorded on my iPhone :) ), and while reviewing one of the scenes I noticed a spot where, for about 2 seconds, the transfer becomes slightly brighter and takes on a very subtle bluish tint.  I've uploaded the clip, and if you take a look, the spot in question is between 0:20 - 0:22.  It's best to view the clip in 1080p resolution, as the color and brightness shift aren't as noticeable when viewed at YouTube's default 480p.

Any thoughts on what might have caused this?  I'm curious if it might have been something in processing, telecine, an issue with the film itself, or some anomaly with my camera, although this is the first and only time I've ever seen anything like this in my transfers.  FYI, this was 7207 filmed with an Arri SR3.

Thanks!

Edited by Karl Lee, 08 September 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#2 George Ebersole

George Ebersole
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1265 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • San Francisco Bay Area

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

Rough guess; it looks like one of the cars just rocked a certain way as it passed underneath, and bounced some more of its gray blue into your camera.

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Pro 8mm

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

CineLab