#1 Albion Hockney

Albion Hockney
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • LA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hey Guys I have a little commerical shoot and the producer wants to use a black magic pocket cinema camera as we want a bit better of an image then a go pro or other tiny camera as well as control over focal lengths.

With that said anyone ever do this before? I was thinking of getting a skateboard helemet and trying attach a cheese plate or something to it and then just rig the camera off it with a couple monitor arms or something.

thoughts?

#2 Justin McAleece

Justin McAleece

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

A skateboard helmet is a good option. We did it with some hole drilling, bolts and a couple cheese plates. We also had a Paralinx wireless video transmitter on there and a mophie type of replaceable battery on there to power the battery pack. The most important thing was to have a back weight on the opposite end of the helmet of the camera. No matter how well you secure the chin strap the camera will still want to fall if you don't have some counter balance.

It's also important to get some beanies that you can wear so that you can really get a snug fit. I would always have at least 2 on so that the helmet fit nice and tight. We used the rig for a series of commercials. We used them for 3 days straight.

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Zylight

Visual Products

Abel Cine

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS