http://www.stage32.com/welcome/

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 6771 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

I'm on there Bill, you should look me up. It's still a bit cluncky-- kind of like the myspace for film; but can be marginally worthwhile. I got a gig or two, all ULB of the ULB off of the job section-- but i'm not one to really complain since I"d rather be shooting then sitting.

#3 Michael LaVoie

Michael LaVoie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

Looks interesting.   Will have to check it out.  This one is finally open to all.  Used to be by invitation only ->. Slated

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 6771 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

I will admit all these new platforms get rather exhausting.

#5 Michael LaVoie

Michael LaVoie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Totally agree.  Although there aren't many legit job forums.  Aside from Mandy, most that I've seen come and go are really weak.

I'm still waiting for an industry platform site that allows you to submit a script directly to an accredited investor,  casting director, agent, or an actor.   Slated makes you promise when you sign up that you won't do that or they boot you off.   You just post a project and hope people track you and then want to know more about it.  In theory an actor could want to be involved or a director or investor.  But there's a lot of established industry already on there.  So not sure what the odds are on that site for someone lesser known.  Especially with their ranking system. 

#6 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 6771 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

I mean according to them i'm a solid 5.1, whatever that means. Who knows maybe it'll work out. For the moment I'm actually hoping for a better online automation system. If This Then That is a nice site for this-- but keep it kind of under your hat. It only works for Craigslist really at present, but I have mine automated to cull that for me and just e mail me any results for DoP-- saves me time having to look there, though I've only ever gotten one or two worthwhile gigs therefrom in my whole career-- and a few when I did the relocation to LA. Thankfully, though, now a good percentage of my work is coming to me from referrals, which is nice. Also Facebook has some groups which aren't entirely worthless.

#7 Michael LaVoie

Michael LaVoie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

Your score goes up with the more data you enter.  It mostly has to do with the financial earnings of films you worked on.  I have to go through and try to get those figures as well as any awards that the films won.  That helps.   Projects get their own ranking system based on the package itself and how complete that is.  So if I post a film pitch with no presale contract, no stars, no real production team, etc.  The odds are good that it'll have a pretty low figure and that makes it easy for investors to sort through.

#8 Shane McDougal

Shane McDougal

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Redondo Beach, CA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hi there. I'm a long time lurker of this site but rarely post. Thought I'd jump in now though since this thread seems to be filled with misinformation.

I'm a Stage 32 member myself and I can tell you the site has been around for 3 years. It's free to join and you don't need to be invited, as someone above mentioned. They've actually gotten some great press lately. Here's an article on the Huffington Post that just came out about Stage 32 : http://www.huffingto..._b_5979676.html

As a cinematographer I've secured 5 feature films and 2 shorts using the Stage 32 jobs. They just launched the new jobs section today actually and it looks pretty great from what I've seen so far. Here's a link for any of you interested in checking it out: https://www.stage32....ew-Jobs-Section

The site has helped me a lot in my career so far, so I'm pretty protective of its reputation. I just wanted to clear up the previously stated blunders and let you all know that as cinematographers, if you're not on this site, you're doing yourself a disservice. 

#9 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 6771 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

I believe the invite only was in reference to slated.com,not stage32. Dunno how I feel about the new jobs section-- I rather preferred the old style. as it was less busy and easier for me at least to read through. We'll see how it goes, though.

#10 Shane McDougal

Shane McDougal

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Redondo Beach, CA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

Ahh yes Adrian I believe you are correct. I must not have read it close enough. My apologies. Thank you!

#11 Shane McDougal

Shane McDougal

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Redondo Beach, CA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

That's the reason I lurk and not post! 

#12 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski