#1 Hamid Khozouie

Hamid Khozouie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • TEHRAN , IRAN

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:22 AM

We have two ways for pull & push .Increase or decrease developer temperature , Increase or decrease machine speed .I in one of my films only changing developer temperature ( Kodak vision 200 t 5274 ) and take agood advantage .What do you do in your lab .Are any formula for changing temperature or machine speed ? For example 1 degree of centigrade changing in developer is like one stop pushing............. Any help would be great. Thank.

#2 Dominic Case

Dominic Case
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:58 AM

It doesn't make a lot of difference which way you force the process - temperature or time - provided you change by the correct amount. Your Kodak processing manual will tell you how much: but basically one stop is roughly a 20% change in dev time, or 1.8C. In theory there is a slightly more uniform change in the density of the film with temperature change, but slighly more increase in the fog level.

However, it usually takes a lot longer to alter the temperature of the developer than it does to simply change the speed, so forcing is usually done by changing speed. If you pull process though, by running faster, be aware that you will obviously shorten bleach, fix, wash etc times as well(and drying time). This can sometimes lead you into trouble if the solutions aren't replenished properly.

#3 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:01 AM

We have two ways for pull & push .Increase or decrease developer temperature , Increase or decrease machine speed .I in one of my films only changing developer temperature ( Kodak vision 200 t  5274 ) and take agood advantage .What do you do in your lab .Are any formula for changing temperature or machine speed ? For example  1 degree of centigrade changing in developer is like one stop pushing.............              Any help would be great.  Thank.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Hamid:

Most labs just change the machine speed, to change the developer time. Raising or lowering developer temperature is usually not as convenient, as you need to wait for the solution temperature to stabilize.

The only caution would be when you "pull" process by speeding up the machine --- you need to be sure your "tail end" solutions (bleach and fix) and wash times are adequate at the faster machine speed.

I invite you to contact the Kodak sales office for the Middle East if you need direct techical assistance:

http://www.kodak.com...d=0.1.4.5&lc=en

IRAN
MIDDLE EAST/AFRICA REGIONAL OFFICE
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Kodak Entertainment Imaging
c/o Kodak (Near East) Inc
P.O. Box 11460
Dubai, UAE
Phone: +971 4 4074 253
Main Ph.: +971 4 3444 910 Ex 253
Mob (UK) +44 7850 717248 or (Dubai) +971 50 843 1438
Fax: +971 4 3447 627 / +971 4 344 7033

#4 Hamid Khozouie

Hamid Khozouie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • TEHRAN , IRAN

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:47 AM

:

but basically one stop is roughly a 20% change in dev time, or 1.8C

Dear Mr case This formula is your experimental or extractd from a book or text or .............. Thank you for helping

#5 L K Keerthi Basu

L K Keerthi Basu
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • india

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

What is the temperature withstanding capacity of the Kodak motion picture films?I read that if there is a change in temperature it will increase the graininess, I like to know which extend.

L.K.Keerthibasu

#6 Hamid Khozouie

Hamid Khozouie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • TEHRAN , IRAN

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

if there is a change in temperature it will increase the graininess,  I like to know which extend.

INCREASING TEMPERATURE ,,increase grainines.

#7 Sam Wells

Sam Wells
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:10 AM

The lab I typically use - Colorlab - pushes by temperature increase.

I push one routinely with them -- very happy camper

-Sam

#8 Dominic Case

Dominic Case
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

Dear Mr case This formula is your experimental or extractd from a book or text or .............. Thank you for helping

As I said - the Kodak processing manual.

Online at www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/processing/h24.jhtml?id=0.1.4.11.6.8&lc=en

I'll direct you to John for any further explanation of Kodak's support.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

Abel Cine