Blackmagic Design today announced Blackmagic Camera 1.9.9 with updates for the Blackmagic URSA including:
- Up to 80 frames per second.
- Variable frame rate feature so off speed clips now playback in project frame rate. Now the record frame rate is not limited by the video frame rate, and users can shoot slow motion or fast motion shots, but all the recorded video files are always set to the video rate, allowing users to see the effect of the higher or slower frame rate when playing.
- New CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW format that uses 3:1 compression to allow RAW files to be recorded in one third of the size of uncompressed RAW files allowing double the storage capacity on the same sized CFast card.
- In camera formatting for CFast 2.0 media.
- New Dashboard menu screen allowing features such as formatting and other settings to be selected, as well as new user interface is scrolling menus.
- On screen framing guides allowing a range of common feature film aspect ratios to be displayed on the fold out monitor, such as 2.35:1, 1.85:1 and more.