I'm working on a film where a majority of the scenes take place during a party in an apartment. The director wants pops of color like cyan, purple, blue, and pink in the room; the scene is supposed to imitate a college party. I have a general idea of how I want it to look, mostly with the close ups, but I didn't know if anybody has any experience lighting for a party, especially for wide shots.
Equipment I have to use:
- (2) 1k fresnels
- (2) 1k open faces
- 1.2 Arri HMI
- (1) 4'4 kino (tungsten and daylight bulbs)
- Arri Softbank kit (1k arrisoft, 2 650s)
- Arri mini fresnel kit (2 - 150s, 2 - 300s)
- Arri Fresnel kit (4 - 650s)
- 1K/750/250 rifas
- 1x1 three point lighting kit
- Shadow maker
- (2) 1k dimmers
I read that china balls are good to add fill in the room, as well as LED bike flashing lights for MCUs/CUs. I was thinking about using a LED DJ disco light to act as a motivator for the lights.