New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Student
  • Ashland, Oregon

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hey!

I'm filming a short film this summer which will have alot of nature scenes. I'm really inspired by all of Tarkovski's nature shots, particularly those in Stalker. Some scenes in the begining of Solaris were particularly beautifull as well and the wind scene in The Mirror was amazing. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for how to frame similar shots? It's hard for me to quite place my finger on exactly how Tarkovski pulls it off!

Thanks a buch.

#2 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2267 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hey!

I'm filming a short film this summer which will have alot of nature scenes. I'm really inspired by all of Tarkovski's nature shots, particularly those in Stalker. Some scenes in the begining of Solaris were particularly beautifull as well and the wind scene in The Mirror was amazing. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for how to frame similar shots? It's hard for me to quite place my finger on exactly how Tarkovski pulls it off!

Thanks a buch.

I would re-watch those films/scenes.  I love Solaris and The Mirror and the shots of the pond in the beginning of Solaris look like they have a bit of diffusion to them (Pro-Mist?)  The color saturation is just gorgeous, too.

Abel Cine

Technodolly

The Slider

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Zylight

Glidecam

CineTape