New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director
  • London

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

Hi, 

I'll be directing a short 12-14 min short film towards the end of the year on 35mm format and I'm on the look out for some good deals on 35mm camera hire, film stock, lights, sound kit, lenses etc. 

Apart from Cinelab and Arri can anyone recommend anywhere I might be able to get some good deals, I would also consider hiring from private individuals. 

Also.....is it worth looking at hiring equipment from abroad?

#2 Miguel Angel

Miguel Angel
  • Sustaining Members
  • 562 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain / Ireland / South Africa

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Hello, 

If you are based in London I would consider going to either Panavision or Movietech (in Pinewood), both camera rental houses are absolutely fantastic, I have worked with both and if you present the project in a nice and professional way they are more than happy to help. 

It would be great if your cinematographer have worked with any of the rental camera places before so they will know him / her and that is always good. 

All in all, 35mm camera rental fees are quite cheap nowadays so you might get a very good deal in any of the places above mentioned or on the ones you know. 

Hiring equipment from abroad is an option if you get all or most of the stuff for free, then you will only have to pay UPS / FEDEX shipping charges (which are not bad at all) but you might want to get heavy stuff (let's say tripods / dollies / cranes / etc) in the country you're going to shoot your film.

Cinelab is a fantastic place to process film so that's a very good pick. 

Have a good day. 

#3 James Compton

James Compton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Hi, 

I'm on the look out for some good deals on 35mm camera hire, film stock, etc. 

Give a shout to Carl Beddoe or Rachel at FRAME24 : http://www.frame24lt...5mm_Film_Stocks

They have great prices on FUJI and KODAK 35mm filmstock. I just received a shipment last week, good people.

#4 Humphrey Jones

Humphrey Jones

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director
  • London

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hello, 

If you are based in London I would consider going to either Panavision or Movietech (in Pinewood), both camera rental houses are absolutely fantastic, I have worked with both and if you present the project in a nice and professional way they are more than happy to help. 

It would be great if your cinematographer have worked with any of the rental camera places before so they will know him / her and that is always good. 

All in all, 35mm camera rental fees are quite cheap nowadays so you might get a very good deal in any of the places above mentioned or on the ones you know. 

Hiring equipment from abroad is an option if you get all or most of the stuff for free, then you will only have to pay UPS / FEDEX shipping charges (which are not bad at all) but you might want to get heavy stuff (let's say tripods / dollies / cranes / etc) in the country you're going to shoot your film.

Cinelab is a fantastic place to process film so that's a very good pick. 

Have a good day. 

Thank You Miguel

#5 Miguel Angel

Miguel Angel
  • Sustaining Members
  • 562 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain / Ireland / South Africa

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

You're welcome! 

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider