Josh Scott

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student
  • London

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Hello, not sure if this is the correct forum as im new here but here we go. Being a new "filmmaker" i only have the basics camera and kit lens and have been shooting some test video with my hands and its abit shaky and i have ordered myself a shoulder rig to try and stabilise the footage. I was wondering if this will actually help and the perks of having this shoulder rig and what should i do when i first get it. I was also wondering if you had any tips to get some better shots and the practise id need etc... Any help would be cool :)

#2 Julie Lew

Julie Lew
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Student
  • Portland, OR

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hi Josh! I'm new too, so I don't have any experience with shoulder rigs. But I noticed you posted this a bit ago. Did you get one? Does it work well in helping stabilize footage? I've been handholding my camera for the past few years, when not using a tripod, and have gotten better holding the camera steadily through lots of practice. Of course, there is still some shake, but that's only to be expected. I also use After Effects and Blender to stabilize my footage later, but it's really easy to make that look too mechanical. I'd be interested to know/see your results. I might try to lay my hands on a shoulder rig! :)

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Zylight

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Pro 8mm

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks